QLeVe. A Quake II level viewer in 3000 lines of Delphi
The current version of QLeVe has support only for the 3DFX Voodoo cards, by using Glide.
The program was built on a P166 with 32Mb of Ram and a Monster 3D (voodoo 1) card, but I beleave that it will also run acceptable on a p133 with 16Mb ram and a Voodoo 1 card.
- mip-mapping (of course, thanks to the 3D accelerator :)
- bsp sorted, painter's algorithm
- precomputed PVS culling of leaves
- dynamic PVS culling of nodes
- frustrum culling of nodes (and leaves)
- backface culling of polys ("for free" with bsp sort)
- water/lava/slime textures (but the animation is pretty dumb)
- VERY primitive console (only the QUIT command works :)
Anti-featurelist (things not implemented):
- moving bsp objects
- dynamic lighting
- Rsoft.dll (16 bit software renderer)
- Rd3d.dll (Direct 3D renderer, for those that aren't 3DFX Fans)
There is also a version that does vertex lighting, not lightmaps, that I wrote to see how big are the differences between the two methods (in speed as well as in visual quality).
- QLeVe full archive: qlv001a.zip (around 200K)
- QLeVe gouraud version (you will also need the full archive to use it): qlvg001a.zip (around 120K)
- Sources: qlv01src.zip
You will also need to have the registered or the shareware version of Quake IItm to fully test QLeVe, because in the archive is only a small level that I used to test lightmaps.
Finally I got tired of looking at the sourcecode and I've decided to post it here :) Have phun everybody, now you don't have to mail me anymore for the sourcecode. Soon I'll post here QLeVe3 (a Q3A Level Viewer), also written in Delphi... but both QLeVe and QLeVe3 are dead projects (actually, they've been dead for more than an year)... well.. everbody has school:)
This page is still under construction.
Last updated 11/22/2001 by Cobra.